31 de março de 2008

Arnold Schönberg
retrato de Emil Hertzka, c. 1910, óleo sobre tela
.
"If I had received your letter a year ago I should have let all my principles go hang, should have renounced the prospect of at last being free to compose, and should have plunged headlong into the adventure. [...] For I have at last learnt the lesson that has been forced upon me during this year, and I shall not ever forget it. It is that I am not a German, not an European, indeed perhaps scarcely even a human being (at least, the Europeans prefer the worst of their race to me), but I am a Jew. I am content that it should be so! Today I no longer wish to be an exception; I have no objection at all to being lumped together with all the rest. For I have seen that on the other side (which is otherwise no model so far as I’m concerned, far from it) everything is also just one lump. I have seen that someone with whom I thought myself on a level preferred to seek the community of the lump; I have heard that even a Kandinsky sees only evil in the actions of Jews and in their evil actions only the Jewishness, and at this point I give up hope of reaching any understanding. It was a dream. We are two kinds of people. Definitively!"


(Extracto de aarta de Arnold Schönberg a Wassily Kandisky, rompendo a sua amizade mútua, 19 de Abril de 1923)

4 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

:)

Muito... profundo!
Excelente escolha E.

Quase apetece dizer:
"My dear, I'm so very sorry but I didn't understand a word of what you've just said. Please go to sleep and we'll have breakfast in the morning"

Anónimo disse...

Espero não ser uma forma directíssima de me dizeres que a nossa amizade sofreu um sério abalo.
Não consigo deixar de ficar próxima de ti, e de ao mesmo tempo tentar ser um ponto equidistante de um triângulo difícil de manejar. Talvez eu seja ainda uma velajodora de primeira água, mas não cometo maldades desnecessárias. Acredita- me. T

E. disse...

Lucy: Sereníssima!

T: Não há qualquer triângulo (nem imagino a que te referes). Mas sobretudo, não se enviam recados por blog, ok? Se tivesse algo a dizer sobre algo que fosse, di-lo-ia.

Anónimo disse...
Este comentário foi removido por um gestor do blogue.